On Tuesday at 2:15 p.m., a public hearing will be held at city hall to adopt ordinances regarding marijuana. The hearing includes an ordinance to amend the city zoning classifications to define locations in the city which prohibit and allow marijuana establishments and an ordinance to add licensing, fees and other regulatory requirements for marijuana establishments in the city.
There will be an opportunity for public comment at the beginning and end of the meeting, as well as during the public hearing.
Other business items on the meeting agenda include the following:
• Combining of the offices of city clerk and city treasurer, requirements for appointment, compensation, powers, duties and other matters relative to the office.
• A request to increase the allowed fence height in the front yard (Melarkey Street) setback from three feet to six feet at 120 W. Minor Street.
• A request to use city streets and city hall lawn for the annual “Walk A Mile in Her Shoes” event on Friday, September 27, 2019 by Winnemucca Domestic Violence Services.
• A request by the Senior Citizens of Humboldt County to extend the current lease on the Pleasant Senior Center ending on October 31, 2022 for 40 additional years for phase three eligibility funding.
• Review of bids and award of contract for the 2019 mill and overlay project.
• Proposals for developing a plan for maintaining, rehabilitating, reconstructing or abandoning the Bode Howard Memorial Pool, options for funding and developing a new aquatic center (ongoing agenda item).