On Aug. 13, the Humboldt County School District Board of Trustees approved the following agenda item:
• To submit a grant to the Nevada Diesel Emission Mitigation Program for the potential award of up to five new school buses with 75% reimbursement with a minimum 25% match.
• A contract H&K Architecture to conduct a re-prioritization of facility improvement needs for all District schools.
An assessment of individual schools will be conducted to determine future school site maintenance work.
• Staffing update for the 2019-2020 School Year.
The Trustees received the following presentations:
• Kaci Fleetwood, the State Coordinator for Nevada’s School Climate Transformation Project, presented the Board with the District outcome results regarding the Multi-tiered Systems of Support (MTSS)/Social Emotional Learning (SEL) program.
• Judge Michael Montero presented a year-end review regarding Truancy Court.