City council agenda items for Tuesday, August 6, 2019, at Winnemucca City Hall, 90 W. 4th Street.
There will be an opportunity for public comment at the beginning and end of the meeting for items not on the agenda.
• Request to close and use the parking lot between Bode Howard Memorial Pool and Vesco Park baseball fields for the Nevada Outdoor School 11th annual Buckaroo Dutch Oven Cookoff on Sept. 14, 2019.
• Request to use the golf course and waive golf course fees for the first annual Ducks Unlimited golf tournament on Aug. 25, 2019.
• Request to accept Nevada Department of Transportation $7,128.38 grant offer from the Nevada Aviation Fund program to reimburse the city for FAA Airport improvement program 2016 taxiway and wind cone project.
• Proposal to enter into a marijuana compact agreement with the Winnemucca Indian Colony to pay city a percentage of the colony retail marijuana sales proceeds in exchange for the city not licensing another marijuana dispensary in the city.
• Ordinance introduction - set for public hearing / an ordinance to add licensing, fees and other regulatory requirements for marijuana establishments in the city.
• Proposals for developing a plan for maintaining, rehabilitating, reconstructing or abandoning the Bode Howard Memorial Pool/options for funding and developing a new aquatic center.