Humboldt County Board of Commissioners will hold a Regular Meeting on Monday, June 18, 2018 at 9:30 AM at Humboldt County Courthouse Meeting Room 201.
Opportunities for public comment will be offered at the beginning and end of the meeting. Meeting may break for lunch prior to the Star City item scheduled for 2 p.m.
• McDermitt General Improvement District matters: a Vehicle/Equipment Use form to be utilized by the District to allow the use of equipment owned by the McDermitt Sewer or Water District by non-district entities. Also, consideration of a request from the McDermitt Rodeo Board to utilize the McDermitt Sewer “Skid Steer” for the annual Fourth of July Rodeo beginning immediately.
CONSENT AGENDA: Agricultural District 3 Board - Re-appointment of Tom Brown for a four-year term effective July 1, 2018; Advisory Board to Manage Wildlife - Re-appointment of Larry Allen to a three-year term effective July 1, 2018.
• Library Board of Trustees: appointment / re-appointment of board members to fill two vacant positions. Barbara Duncan has requested re-appointment to her current seat to begin July 1, 2018 and run four-years. Cindy Whitaker and Rick McComb have requested appointment to the Humboldt County Library Board of Trustees for 4-year term beginning July 1, 2018.
• Clerk: Canvass of the June 12, 2018 Primary Election
• Sheriff: Liquor Board
• Annual performance evaluation of County Manager Dave Mendiola and subsequent decision regarding a Cost of Living Adjustment and Merit increase for Fiscal Year 2018-2019.
• Comptroller: Budget revisions and augmentations for 2017-2018 fiscal year: resolutions to augment the fiscal year 2017-2018 budgets of the General Fund in the amount of $97.000; and Winnemucca Events Complex Fund in the amount of $180,666.
• Comptroller: Adoption of county procurement policy
11:00 AM: Nevada Public Agency Insurance Pool: 2018-19 Annual Property & Casualty Insurance Agreement
• Update on Sage Grouse Land Use Planning Amendment
• Purchase of towers and shelters for three sites/Approval for letting RFP for three sites & update on public safety radio communication system. To purchase towers, shelters and monitoring equipment for three sites (Winnemucca Mountain, Rose Creek & Sports Complex).
• RSL and Associates on behalf of the Nevada Department Of Transportation: Presentation regarding Coordinated Human Service Transportation Plan. Time will be allotted for public comment.
• Great Basin College presentation on fund raising efforts.
• Presentation regarding State Conservation Districts
• Public Works Department: general road projects; an interlocal agreement between the State of Nevada, acting by and through its Department of Transportation and Humboldt County to provide roadway striping services in an amount not to exceed $35,000; the possible hiring of a Road Maintenance Operator following the 120-day waiting period; road projects update by Humboldt County Public Works Director Ben Garrett.
• Approval of Recreational Tax ballot measure for November election
• Set to public hearing: Zone Change Request submitted by Jose Galvan to change the MHP (Mobile Home Park) zoning designation to RR-13 on property located at 4268 Sunny Drive.
• Letter of Support for Senator Dean Heller’s legislation on Wilderness Study Areas
2:00 PM: Star City Water acquisition by Humboldt County - a proposal to have Humboldt County provide a “bridge loan” of approximately $600,000 to pay off an existing Star City loan from the USDA to allow the acquisition of the water system by Humboldt County to facilitate a State Revolving Fund “Loan Forgiveness” program which will result in the sale of the water system to a third party (private) water company (Gold Country Water).