Winnemucca Volunteer Fire Department (WVFD) responded to a report of a fire on the roof of McDonald’s late Friday afternoon. A light on the restaurant’s roof caught fire.
Chief Olsen said a light fixture on the roof overheated, catching the plastic cover on fire. Nothing inside of the building was damaged.
WVFD received the call at 4pm. Three engines and a ladder truck arrived at the restaurant about 4 minutes later.
Less than 30 minutes later, Chief Olsen gave the all clear for customers to return.