Humboldt County Commission meets Monday, Oct. 23 at 9:30 a.m.
• Golconda General Improvement District Matters
• McDermitt General Improvement District Matters
• Paradise Valley Sewer District Matters
• 10:00 a.m. Public Hearings:
— Consideration whether to allow the current monthly service charge assessed to each parcel of real property receiving sewer services and facilities within the Paradise Valley Sewer District to be collected with the real property taxes of the county [This is not a new tax or service charge].
— Notice of Public Hearing regarding possible action to either merge or consolidate the Denio Television District with the Humboldt Television District or dissolve the local district governing board of the Denio Television District and allow the board of commissioners to be the managing board.
— Notice of Public Hearing regarding possible action to either merge or consolidate the Quinn River Television District with the Humboldt Television District or dissolve the local district governing board of the Quinn River Television District and allow the board of commissioners to be the managing board.
• Nevada Department of Wildlife update on the Falls Canyon Creek Treatment Project.
• Quarterly Financial Report
• Justice Court fees — Possible action to approve a letter of understanding between the Union Township Justice Court and Humboldt County (HC) pertaining to the authority of the Justice Court to collect reasonable fees. The following fees would be either modified or added to the schedule of fees:
— Community service sign up fee $20.
— Setting up, or resetting a payment plan $10.
— Court approval of proof of vehicle insurance $25.
— Court approval of proof of vehicle registration $25.
— Court approval of proof of driver’s license $25.
— Re-call of Bench Warrant with or without appearance $100.
— CD copy of court proceedings, without order of transcript $15.
• General road projects
• Urban Pond Update
• Shooting Park Grant presentation by the Humboldt County Shooting Park on a grant in the amount of $32,879, of which the Park will be responsible for an in-kind match of $8,220, from NDOW.
• Amended agreement with Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 744
• Humboldt River Water Rights Planning Group - Possible action regarding forming a group of interested parties to consider alternative options being considered by State Water Engineer for dealing with the conflicting water rights within the Humboldt River Basin corridor.
• Grant and/or cash donation awards for community support
• Nevada Lands Council membership consideration as a Business member. The group provides three levels of membership including Advocate ($500), Partner ($2500) and Champion ($10,000).
• Valmont Engineering design proposal - Possible approval of four proposals for tower design on Rose Creek, Sports Complex, Winnemucca Mountain and Saipan Peak tower sites to be completed by Valmont Industries, Inc. at a cost of $1,850 each for a total not to exceed $7,400.
• Telecommunications site lease agreement - Possible approval of agreement with Channel 5 Public Broadcasting, Inc. (KNPB) to allow HC to lease premises from KNPB to improve communication services for public safety and emergency needs as well as HC needs in an amount not to exceed $1,000.
• Inspection of the Humboldt County Detention Center