Lander County Commission will hold a regular meeting on Dec. 14, at 9 a.m. The commissioners will discuss and possibly vote on the following agenda items:
(1) Discussion for possible action regarding the ratification of Elizabeth Barela to fill the position of Human Resources Director for Lander County with a salary of $65,000 per year.
(2) Discussion and possible action to approve/disapprove alcohol at the Battle Mountain
Fire Hall on Dec. 29-31, 2017 and Jan. 1, 2018 for the Battle Mountain Volunteer Fire Department annual fund-raising event.
(3) Discussion for possible action to approve/disapprove the use of unused space at the old Sheriff's Office for storage of Christmas Alert items year-round.
(4) Discussion for possible action to approve/disapprove a minimum dollar amount and/or minimum and maximum standards and restrictions, if any, required for inventory recording system. (5) Discussion for possible action to establish a salary for the Justice of the Peace for both Argenta and Austin Townships after the 2018 local election.
(6) Discussion for possible action to approve/disapprove Resolution 2017-10 which resolution complies with action taken by this honorable commission on 11-30-17 in allowing marijuana cultivation in Lander County and the ordinance change to effectuate that decision. Resolution 2017-10 is a measure showing the intent of the Lander County Commission to the Nevada State Department of Taxation pending a change of the ordinance by Lander County that allows a marijuana cultivation facility in said county pursuant to NRS Chapter 453D.
(7) Discussion for possible action regarding an update from the Recreational Supervisor and to approve/disapprove an updated schedule of operations for the Battle Mountain Recreation Center.
(8) Discussion for possible action regarding an Ordinance for OHV use on county roads only.
(9) Discussion for possible action to approve/disapprove a refund check to Ormat
Technologies Inc. (aka Ormat Nevada Inc.), for the McGuinness Hills Geothermal Plant in an amount not to exceed $189,423.58.
(10) Discussion for possible action directing the County Assessor by Resolution 2017-09 to prepare and publish the 2018/19 Assessment Roll per NRS 361.300 and to include in said Resolution the option of mailing or publishing the Tax roll.
(11) Update from NV Energy on electric system and service in Lander County, and aerial survey and pole inspection event.
(12) Discussion for possible action regarding the FY 2016/2017 Audit.
(13) Discussion for possible action for the Lander County Commissioners to give direction to the Fiscal Officer regarding the process and parameters to be implemented for the development of the Lander County Fiscal Year 2018-2019 budget.